Subject: Re: Kaffe 0.9.0
To: Marik Willey <etla@telestream.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/1997 13:21:04
Marik Willey writes:
>As others on the list in the JDK thread noted, compiling kaffe with the -lc
>option removed from the makefiles results in successful compilation.
>However, when trying to run kaffe, a core dump results.  It looks like it
>just fills up the allowed memory for the process and then dies:

I just checked my Makefile for kaffevm and I had

LIBS=           -lm -lc
LDTAIL=           -lm -lc

I don't recall any build problems at all.  I was running 1.2D at the time.

kaffe works ok, if I use the jdk1.1.2 classes, (usually fails with a
NoSuchMethod when using jdk1.0.2 classes).

It does consume lots of memory - 16Mb typically and is very slow on a
i486DX33.  But most (non-AWT) things work.  The biss-awt and kaffe are
currently out of sync... :-(

--sjg
--
Simon J. Gerraty        <sjg@quick.com.au>

#include <disclaimer>   /* imagine something _very_ witty here */