Subject: Re: bha_init_ccb: can't create DMA maps
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/1997 10:39:33
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 20:53:05 -0400 (EDT)
 Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:

[ port-i386 will be delayed, since mail.netbsd.org is still down.  It
  should be back up by the evening of the 3rd. ]

 > This panic happens when I access a 12GB ccd filesystem.  My
 > machine is:
 > 	Dell Omniplex 5100 (P100 - EISA/PCI)
 > 	96 MB
 > 	ATI Mach32 (builtin)
 > 	3c509
 > 	BT747 EISA (ioport 330h)
 > 		- 4 x 4GB Micropolis 3243W (3 as a ccd)
 > 	NCR 53c810 (builtin)
 > 		- 1 x 1GB Quantum (system)
 >
 > My controller is recognized as an ISA controller, and looking
 > at the code I assume it is trying to use the new dma mapping
 > code.  The controller is not being attached to the eisa bus,
 > presumably because bha_eisa.c looks at the slot + offset for
 > the controller, when it is at 0x330.  It can only be configured
 > to the "normal" ISA ports, and therefore looks like an ISA card.
 > Is there some magic I need for configuring this card, or does
 > the EISA attach not work yet?  Will hardcoding sc_dmaflags to
 > ISABUS_DMA_32BIT turn off the new dma code?

...that will turn off the bounce buffering, but that's a kludge.  I'd
rather fix the EISA front-end.  Would you be interested in testing some
kernels for me?  Please send me a kernel config file if the answer
is "yes".