Subject: Tuning comm parameters
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian B. Brown <brian@playfair.utoronto.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1997 11:23:44
Hello World,

I have a number of Pentiums running 1.1A with 28.8k modems attached to them.
Some of my users want to use Trumpet Winsock to connect up to my net, and I
was wondering how best to tune Trumpet's parameters for NetBSD.

Could someone please point me in the right direction of where to look in the
source code to find appropriate values for things like the MTU in Trumpet?
I've been playing around with the values, but still get lots of pauses in
modem traffic when connected to the NetBSD boxes.

Thanks,

Brian

brian@playfair.utoronto.ca   |  Systems Administrator