Subject: Re: applix
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1997 12:29:13
Quoting Jukka Marin,

> How did the select() and readfds/writefds/exceptfds stuff change after
> 1.2?  Applix was passing nfds = 1024 (or something like that) to
> select() which made select() fail.  I patched select() (thanks to
> someone) in the linux emulation code and Applix started running - maybe
> the slowness is a related problem?  Maybe the select() patch was less
> than perfect?

I was probably the one that sent you the select() change for the number
of fds (or a diff between 1.2 and 1.2.1, rather). Anyway.. I think
you already checked wat arguments were passed to the Linux oldselect()?
It may be in the archives, but could you send them to me, so I can
try to reproduce the problem. If it's just that the emulation of
Linux' old select code is bad, it should be easily reproducible.

- Frank