Subject: PCMCIA support (was: FreeBSD emulation)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/1997 09:49:56
In article <5omod5$6tm$1@colwyn.owl.de>,
	tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:
> The PCMCIA code is IMHO not ready for release yet. It failed to recognize
> any PCMCIA card in my Peacock Challenger 590 which works absolutely fine
> with Linux.

Because I already got a kind of a flame from someone who missunderstood
my e-mail:

It's not a about missing drivers with for my cards (3c589, Adaptec 1460),
both are supported. For some reason they are found but not recognized
properly. And because this might happen on other system, too, I believe
that the PCMCIA code is not ready for release yet.

Nevertheless I think JTK is doing a great job with this stuff and I'm
convinced that he will solve those problems.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.pages.de/~tron/