Subject: Re: mmap /dev/audio: how hard a job?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1997 11:56:00
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >I'd like to get mmap working on /dev/audio.
>
> What exactly would this _do_?  I mean, once you've mmap'd /dev/audio,
> what would the interface look like?

I think what Nathaniel meant is that he would like the ossaudio emulation
to support the memory-mapped capability (OSS_DSP_CAP_MMAP).  There are a
number of commands that are unimplemented in our ossaudio
(OSS_SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF and OSS_SNDCTL_DSP_MAPOUTBUF are probably the
ones we want).  I was planning on downloading the ossaudio souce (FreeBSD
maybe), and comparing them, but I figured that if the support wasn't
allready in place, then it probably isn't easy enough for me to do...

Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/