Subject: Re: Memory Problems, still
To: None <tom@whirlwind.fundy.ca>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1997 16:17:52
tom@whirlwind.fundy.ca writes:
> Is this value of NKPDE supposed to be automatically set at runtime in
> -current or does that still have to be adjusted at compile time?

Its done automatically.

> I also noticed that in 1.2 it is EXTMEM_SIZE  and in -current
> BIOSEXTMEM, are they the same? (Newbie question)

For your purposes they are.

> I have built a kernel without BIOSEXTMEM set and it only saw the
> first 64M.

Okay...

Could I suggest that before debugging this deeply that you try moving
to -current rather than having us try to debug it on 1.2C, since thats
getting a bit old at this point.

Anyway, I would first try -current with BIOSEXTMEM set "properly", and
if that doesn't work try setting BIOSEXTMEM to indicate 64M of memory,
and see if that works, and then set it to something intermediate, like
96M, and see if that works, and then come back with a report...

Perry