Subject: Re: mounting non-BSD partitions.
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1997 07:49:09
In some mail I received from Perry E. Metzger, sie wrote

> Darren Reed writes:
> > Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but if I share a physical disk
> > between NetBSD and some other OS, is it possible to access the other
> > partitions ?
>
> You mean the other MBR partitions, I assume.

For starters, yes.  I was hoping to be able to try out the ext2fs code
but looks like I'll have to wait...

> The answer is "yes". The trick is to use disklabel to use unused BSD
> label partitions to point at the physical sectors of the disk
> corresponding to the other OS's MBR partition, and to then set the
> type of that partition appropriately.

Eeeek.  This is more messing around than I want to do and given they're
already all setup.  I think I'll leave it alone.  Might I suggest that
this is is one of those things that would be real nice to see changed so
you don't need to mess around (on PC's)...

Darren