Subject: Re: new i386 snapshot (finally)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1997 23:17:38
>All snapshots are -current at the time of their release.

Jason,

  * Is that supposed to be true for other ports as well?

  * Didn't Perry just say the source was a couple of days old?

  * Isn't it common practice to have a day or so lagtime
    (for compilation, tar-building, tarball checking, betc.)
    between -current appearing via sup, and the appearance
    of a snapshot built from that source?
Or is the distinction `a day or so' versus months?

I'm curious, I'd like to kick out pmax snapshots too, and if
possible to use the same source as the i386 snapshots.

(And btw, thanks to Perry for kicking out the snapshot.)

--Jonathan