Subject: Re: cross-compiler
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1997 09:55:31
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > However, you will only be able to link static binaries; NetBSD
> > a.out dynamic linking is not supported by current versions of gnu
> > binutils.
>
> hmm.  that sucks.  how will this impact me though??  can i still build a
> kernel?

It won't affect the kernel at all.

> can i 'make build' or 'make world'??  what am i limited to because
> of this??  idealy i should be able to do a 'make world' from my cross
> compiler, now that would be cool. :)

You can still build an entire system; it will just be statically
linked and thus a tad larger, that's all. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'