Subject: Re: cross-compiler
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1997 10:54:46
Curt Sampson drunkenly mumbled...

> Actually, the bug was in the cross-assembler. This should have been
> fixed in binutils-2.8. There's a patch for binutils-2.7 on my web
> page, <http://www2.portal.ca/~cjs/>.

cool.  just picked up 2.8 last night.

> However, you will only be able to link static binaries; NetBSD
> a.out dynamic linking is not supported by current versions of gnu
> binutils.

hmm.  that sucks.  how will this impact me though??  can i still build a
kernel? can i 'make build' or 'make world'??  what am i limited to because
of this??  idealy i should be able to do a 'make world' from my cross
compiler, now that would be cool. :)

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **