Subject: Re: cross-compiler
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1997 09:42:21
Quoting Brian Hechinger,

> ok, i'm going to attempt to build a cross-compiler.

> host=sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
> target=i386-intel-netbsd

> does anyone have a list of what i need to copy over from the NetBSD box to
> the Solaris box? which libs/headers do i need?

You'll need to copy /usr/include and crt0.o + all the libraries you need
to a location that is configurable, I forgot what the default is.
You can configure & compile binutils in one go, this works pretty well,
same goes for gcc.

However, last time I tried this, gcc would work fine, I think the
cross-assembler was ok too, but linking would produce binaries that
wouldn't work on NetBSD/i386. Maybe this has been fixed now, I hope
you have better results. It has always worked for me from
i386-intel-netbsd -> m68k-unknown-netbsd, but the host-target combination
you are trying failed for some reason.

Good luck,

- Frank