Subject: Re: Crash
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/1997 21:23:04
	here's what I did to install my 1.2 system.

1.  Installed a stock 1.0 distribution.  Because I had it available and it
was easier for me to install for reasons which are all my own fault.

2.  Grabbed a 1.2 kernel and put it on the machine, making sure to save the
1.0 kernel just in case.

3.  Ran with the 1.2 kernel for about a week with the 1.0 install.

4.  When I was convinced the 1.2 kernel was solid, I replaced the user
binaries with 1.2 binaries.
I rebooted and all was fine.

	I think the entire process took me about 2 hours over all, though I
staged it so I could test as I went with minimal down time.

Good luck.
-Brian