Subject: Re: Crash
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/1997 16:37:06
"Tom T. Thai" writes:
> > > How can I fix this?  Add more RAM? :)
> >
> > If its what I think it is, switching to -current may help.
>
> Perry, that was very helpful for my insights :<  I've been contemplating
> about moving it to -current, but am very afraid to have the system down
> too long as I upgrade since it's the main system :<

Sorry for being terse. -current sizes a number of kernel VM data
structures at boot time based on how much RAM you have rather than
based on a guess of how large they should be. This means that -current
fixes the problem "most easily".

I'll be doing another snapshot later this week after Matt's new swap
code goes in, for what its worth...

Perry