Subject: Re: When is the next release or snapshot due?
To: None <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1997 18:36:56
>Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 14:16:47 -0700
>From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>

>Another file just begging to be split out is the list of directories
>for ldconfig.  Xi Graphics has asked us if we'd be so kind as to
>implement Linux's /etc/rc.ld.so file (which contains a list of dirs to
>look for libraries in, one per line) and so far I can't say that it's
>a bad idea.  I generally hate following anything that Linux has done,
>but this one seems sort of reasonable. :-)

NetBSD already has something like this.  If /etc/ld.so.conf exists,
then its contents are used as arguments when /etc/rc runs ldconfig.
The format is identical to Linux's rc.ld.so; directory pathnames, one
per line.

AFAIK ld.so.conf isn't documented anywhere; you have to RTFS to learn
about it.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel