Subject: Re: When is the next release or snapshot due?
To: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
From: Giles Lean <giles@topaz.nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1997 07:30:42
On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 19:23:08 +0100 (BST)  Sean Witham wrote:

> Admin of upgrades is going to need a tool that allows the upgrade of
> a NetBSD release to the latest official release with a simple run,

In the past we've always had one.  Not quite as advanced a one as
you'd like -- /etc files and kernel configuration are still (rightly)
left to the human administrator.

I encourage you to submit the name of an OS in which non-trivial OS
upgrades are this automated.  I've not met one in the last 10 years,
but maybe you have.  If so we'll look it over for ideas. :-)

Giles