Subject: Re: How can I put a cd drive?
To: None <danielh@uol.com.br>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1997 19:27:18
Are you running 1.2(.1) or current?  As long as you are running a release,
it shouldn't be terribly difficult to patch your kernel.  Just follow the
README that came with the atapi patch.  The basic process is to use the
patch command in /usr/src to patch a bunch of files, and then use tar to
extract some more new files.  Now re-config a kernel, compile, and you
should be all set to mount.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have a problem applying the patch.
	Rick

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 danielh@uol.com.br wrote:

> 	Dear friends of Netbsd,
>
> 	I have an IDE common cd-drive already connected to my pc.
> 	How can i make it to work under NetBSD 1.2?
> 	I have the atapi patch but i don't know how to use it.
>
> 	Thanks for your appreciate,
> 	Daniel.

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/