Subject: Re: Thinkpad 365X[D] support?
To: None <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/1997 18:08:25
In <199705292149.OAA04490@gecko.nas.nasa.gov> kml@nas.nasa.gov said:
> I've seen various Thinkpads on various PCMCIA compatibility lists,
> but never the 365X and never with NetBSD -- does anybody know if
> this'll work okay?  Any caveats?

I'm currently in the process of setting up NetBSD 1.2 on a 365XD.  At
the moment it is running diskless (booted from floppy, with root and
swap on NFS) because I don't want to blow away the preinstalled
Windows 95 just yet.  A diskless laptop may sound like a weird
concept, but it works nevertheless :-)

I'm using the patches in apm+pcmcia-dist-1.2.19960914.tar.gz from
ftp.netbsd.org.  Everything I have tried so far seems to be working
fine, including the PCMCIA Ethernet card (a D-LINK DE-650) and
XFree86-3.2 at 600x800 on the TFT LCD display.

I haven't tried using the the CD-ROM drive; I think it is an ATAPI
drive, so I suppose I need to apply the ATAPI kernel patches.  I
haven't tried the audio yet, either.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi