Subject: Re: acroread trying to write to /emul/linux? :-o
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1997 22:02:51
On Wed, May 28, 1997 at 10:51:18AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>  > I can only run Acroread (linux version) as root because it wants to write
>  > temporary files to /emul/linux.  What did I do wrong?
>
> Eek!  The SunOS version certainly doesn't try to write to /emul/sunos...
> No idea what could be going on there...

I'll go on playing with this tomorrow, but the problem is definately
font related.  Acroread is trying to extract fonts from the PDF
document, and for some reason it wants to put the extracted font files
in /emul/linux.  I'm quite sure this problem will only show up with
some PDF files, not all.  The one I'm trying to view can be fetched
from http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/smartfet.htm by
clicking the IR6210 link.

  -jm

--