Subject: Re: NFS accesses in NetBSD/i386 1.2 hanging
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1997 10:16:00
Quoting Greg Earle,

> I've got 3 NetBSD boxes in my office at work: a SPARCstation 20/71 running
> NetBSD 1.2.1, a Mac IIci running NetBSD 1.2, and a Pentium 133 server box
> running NetBSD 1.2.

> The SPARCstation and the Mac are doing fine, but the PC has started to get
> a problem with processes getting wedged in "D" state that do NFS accesses.

There were a few bugs that could cause this sort of thing to happen. They
have been fixed in -current, but were not in 1.2.1. Unfortunately, the
-current NFS code will not just drop into 1.2.1 and compile, because
of other changes (lookup and mbuf changes for example).

I could mail you some diffs to see if they help.

- Frank