Subject: Re: Problems talking to Zoom internal at com3
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/21/1997 00:16:59
Thanks, Brian!
    Worked like a charm.  Went in the BIOS and disabled COM2 which was
at the same IRQ (3) as the modem at COM4, and NetBSD had no problems
seeing the modem after that.  I'm sending this through the PPP
connection in NetBSD right now.

    Is there any way to get the shared IRQs working in NetBSD?  It's not
a big deal, I didn't have anything on COM2.  But it seems a shame to
have to lose a port because of this.  I don't have any extra IRQs to
spare.

    Thanks again!
                                                Will Ferry

Excerpts from mail: 20-May-97 Re: Problems talking to Zoo.. by Brian
Hechinger@blackhol