Subject: Re: Problems in com.c
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1997 12:58:22
On 20 May 1997, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> I just noticed that in the last 9 days my first PCI ethernet card de0,
> started getting irq 5 assigned to it (which conflicts with comm2). It
> used to be at irq 14.

Have you changed anything in your bios setup? Interrupts for PCI
devices are generally assigned by the BIOS, either a particular
one to a particular slot, or one that it thinks is free. This means
you should check either which IRQ is assigned to that slot, or
which IRQs are marked as `used by non P&P ISA devices' in your BIOS
setup.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'