Subject: -current on a Thinkpad
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Ragan <mragan@tivoli.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1997 11:10:19
Has anyone had any successes running -current on a Thinkpad 760 or
similar notebook?  I can get the system running provided that:

a) I don't want to use APM, since the system hangs trying to do the detect

   and

b) I don't want to use either of my PCMCIA cards (modem and 3Com 3C589
   Ethernet)

When the system first boots, I get three lines about detecting PCI bridges,
all of which are 'not configured'.  Unfortunately, dmesg is not on the
machine, and the message scrolls by too quickly to be able to tell what
kind of PCI bridges it thinks it's detecting, but I'm fairly positive none
of them are PCI to PCMCIA.

Is this just not supposed to work yet?  I can provide more detailed
information if someone wants to look at it, but I'm currently having to
move everything back and forth to the machine via floppy, so it's fairly
slow going.

Matt Ragan           Corporate Information Technology       Tivoli Systems
Network Administrator                                       (512) 436-8821
9442 Capital of Texas Hwy, North                          Austin, TX 78759