Subject: update and new problem
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1997 00:31:14
ok, the 486 EISA machine now boots NetBSD off of the hard drive.  everything
seems to work real spiffy except the ethernet card.  constantly getting a
device timeout for ed0.  ed0 appears to be setup correcty.

just as something to know, this HDD was in a 386 with an adaptec SCSI host.
i got NetBSD mostly setup and descided to wait until i got the 486 EISA
motherboard and BusLogic controller to continue setting up NetBSD as the
386 is currently my gateway (running Linux, this 486 will replace that machine)
and it was real hard to do anything without my gateway being fully operational.
when it was on the 386 it had the same ethernet controller (SMC) as it has
now, (well, different on physically, but same setup) the only thing that is
different is the BusLogic card versus the Adaptec card, and the fact that
my main bus is now EISA instead of ISA.  i'd like to get this working so i
can compile a custom kernel and get on with things.  i'd really like to get
this system fully setup and would apprieciate any help.  thanks.

-brian

ps: also, thanks to all of you who helped me get the EISA configured so i
can get as far as i am now instead of staring at a machine that didn't know
anything about itself.

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil