Subject: Diskless boot weirdness
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1997 16:50:24
Hello...

I have recently set up a machine to boot "diskless" from another
machine.  The diskless machine boots from a floppy with the netbsd
bootblocks and a kernel on that floppy.  The kernel was configured
thus:

config          netbsd  root on ? type nfs

Everything seems to work, but there's one annoying feature...after the
kernel has done its thing, it pauses and says:

Insert file system floppy

I then have to press return, and it continues booting off the network.

This is rather annoying because I can't reboot this machine remotely,
and I can't reboot it without plugging in a keyboard.

Is there a way to prevent this pause when doing a netboot?  Have I
screwed something up?

Thanks,
entropy