Subject: Re: Pentium Pro Motherboards
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/1997 16:22:44
cjs@portal.ca (Curt Sampson) writes:
> Now that the Pentium Pro 150 has dropped to Cdn$250 around here,
> I'm thinking of getting one before they vanish entirely. The shop
> down the street sells the Intel Venus motherboard. Does anyone know
> if this works well with NetBSD? Has anyone any recommendations for
> PPro motherboards?

I'm running a ppro-150 on a Venus.  It works well with both netbsd-1.2
and netbsd-current.

I have no idea about NCR support in the bios.  I have an Adaptec
2940UW and that card installs its own bios handler.  (It was
challenging figuring out that the card and disks *didn't* work if the
far end of the 50-pin scsi bus was correctly terminated.  It only
worked if the far end of the bus was left floating.  Go figure.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/
Sick of spam?  Check out all the crap we've gotten. http://www.wsrcc.com/spam/