Subject: Re: Weather Database
To: None <chammer@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/13/1997 16:43:43
Hmm, this isn't i386 specific although stupid spam-users
usually are. Anyway I'm copying over to current-users
because the discussion needs a wider consesus to be accepted.

> > > *sigh* How about seriously thinking about to open the list for
> > > subcscribers-only?
> >
> > Personally, the spam I've gotten via the lists is less of an
> > inconvenience than having to send from my subscribed address would be.

> I get my mail via popclient and send it not from the same machine via
> sendmail.
> Is there really no inteligent way to solve this problem?

Why can't we just sign up with an address from which
we would like to receive the mails (ONCE this should
be possible for most even if inconvinient, and if not
then the subscription gets verified.) and in this same
subscription we add addresses from which we wish to
post in addition to the address we will be receiving to.

i.e.
subscribe current-users
subscribe port-hppa (yes a little wish on the way)
send from foo@bar.com, foo@rodent.org, bar@netbsd.org

etc.

Cheerio
	Andrew
--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=netbsd.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"