Subject: Re: Floppy controller tape drives...
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/1997 18:39:55

> honestly? i never got into the FT style drives as i thought them to be rather
> goofy, plus i've been using SCSI for the last 6 years, so i tend to only deal
> with SCSI devices. (don't even use IDE or EIDE)  but the FreeBSD and Linux FT
> drivers would be a good place to start to try and get the thing working.
>
> -brian

I have an alternative solution.

I have about 30 Wangtek tapedrives that use the 'wt' driver.  They are
external units with a 20Meg hard drive built in as a buffer.  They weigh
about 5 pounds, but work just fine with the existing software.  Anyone
that wants one can have it for shipping costs.  E-Mail me an address and
we can set up the swap.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom