Subject: Re: Floppy controller tape drives...
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/1997 23:53:48
[ ... sorry, missed the first thread ... ]

I don't know who said this, but:

 > In article <m0wQQGP-0029imC@thetics.europa.com> you write:
 > > As far as I know, there is no support for any of the various floppy
 > > controller based tape drives in NetBSD nor has anyone on the kernel
 > > team expressed any interest in developing any.

"The kernel team" is perfectly willing to take contributions from
the user community.  If someone were to submit a working, properly
written "ft" driver, I'm sure it would be integrated.

At some point, someone ported FreeBSD's "ft" driver... however:

	(1) the fdc/fd split could have been done better,

	(2) it required a /bin/ft program; it should just use /bin/mt.