Subject: Re: Multi-port serial cards
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/1997 14:50:23

> 	I would also be interested in something similar... maybe
> 	interested enough to pay someone to write a driver if the right
> 	piece of hardware is not yet supported :)
>
>                 David/abs               abs@anim.dreamworks.com

The folks from Comtrol havesome of the coolest hardware for this kind of
thing I've ever seen.  Same with Equinox.  Unfortunately, neither is
currently supported.  Comtrol has a driver building kit for their
hardware; don't know about Equinox.  I have a RocketPort eight port card
(one of their "little" ones) that absorbs one IRQ.  Eight of those would
give you 64 ports, but there are better cards than that.

What would be coolest is the new Comtrol"modem rack" box.  It has a
bunch of ISA slots for plug in modems.  It has a VHS (Very high speed)
serial board which might provide the beginning of what you are looking
for.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom