Subject: RE: PCVT Charsets
To: 'Rick Byers' <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Graham, James <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/1997 09:42:30
der Mouse wrote:

>#Or, of course, you can drop the card into graphics mode and draw
>#whatever you please.  I'm not sure _that_ would be something I'd advise
>#putting into the kernel, though - if you want X, you know where to find
>#it. :-)

The SPARC port comes close -- the only difference is that the SPARC
consoles don't have a separate graphics and text mode.  Making the
console bitmapped would probably not be such a big deal if not for
the fact that there appear to be an infinite number of PC motherboard/
BIOS/graphix adapter card combinations which makes planning
for this sort of thing rather difficult.