Subject: Re: New DMA test kernels available
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/1997 11:13:25
On Thu, 8 May 1997 14:06:04 -0400 (EDT)
 wonko@blackhole (Brian Hechinger) wrote:

...ah, for port-i386, which didn't see the original message, it appears
as if the last kinks are worked out of the bounce buffer code.
Juergen Hannken-Illjes has reported that the kernel runs very well ...
In his test, of 34807 dma map loads for ISA, 22521 of them resulted in
bounces.  No errors or warnings were reported.  There were 36 loads
per second, and 27 bounces per second.

I'm currently working on converting the isadma controller code (for
non-busmasters) to the bus dma framework, and creating a better API
for isadma controller users to use.