Subject: Re: eisa device ADP7880 not configured
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1997 00:47:58
Justin T. Gibbs drunkenly mumbled...

> I wouldn't even bother if I were you.  The 7880 is *not* an EISA
> part.

just to back you up on this, as well as put and end to the depate about what
this 7880 is/isn't.  right from the Adaptec Web Page [re-formatted to fit in
the wonderful world of 80 columns]:

0.93 Adaptec AICU-7880 Product Data Sheet

Adaptec AIC-7880 Product Data Sheet . . . . AIC-7880 . PCI local bus-to-
UltraSCSI single-chip bus master host adapter . PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS .
High-performance, single-chip UltraSCSI host adapter with up to 40 MBytes/sec
data rate Advanced SCSI I/O cell technology ensures data integrity at high
data rates in real world cabling environments Pin compatibility with the
AIC-78...

--- http://www.adaptec.com/scsichip/d_sheets/980236-011.html (9002 bytes)

FYI...

-brian

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil