Subject: Boot kernel from floppy & mount hard drive.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@media-city.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1997 20:44:44
Greetings NetBSD users:

Does anyone know how to create a bootable floppy disk (1.44 MB) so that
it can boot a kernel from the floppy disk, and mount all of the file-
systems (including root) from the hard drive.  In addition I wish to
have it so that doing the boot, NetBSD executes the netstart, rc,
rc.local, etc. from the mounted hard disk root partition, and not from
the floppy.

     I know how to create a bootable floppy and have it load a kernel
off of it.  I can even load a file-system from another floppy, but not
from the hard disk.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Sincerely, Alicia.
_____
 Name: Alicia da Conceicao         Bus: Media-City                  _
Email: alicia@media-city.com       WWW: http://www.media-city.com  | |-+ /
Phone: 416-410-6855                Fax: 905-851-0844               | | | \__/
Smail: 136 Wings Rd, #8 2nd floor, Woodbridge, ON, L4L-6C3, Canada ~~~~~