Subject: Summary: Promise EIDE 2300 Plus VLB controler
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@media-city.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1997 20:23:23
I found out, much to my disappointment that NetBSD cannot boot a kernel
from an IDE hard drive connected to the Promise EIDE 2300 Plus VLB
controler (that is jumpered to LBA mode).  Regardless of the disk
geometry used and regardless of what if any slices & partitions that
are on the disk, the NetBSD boot code cannot find the kernel on the
disk.  :-(  Perhaps a dos boot might work in loading the kernel off
the disk.

Alicia.
_____
 Name: Alicia da Conceicao         Bus: Media-City                  _
Email: alicia@media-city.com       WWW: http://www.media-city.com  | |-+ /
Phone: 416-410-6855                Fax: 905-851-0844               | | | \__/
Smail: 136 Wings Rd, #8 2nd floor, Woodbridge, ON, L4L-6C3, Canada ~~~~~