Subject: eisa device ADP7880 not configured; Intel fast ethernet; other stuff
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington-heights.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1997 17:11:29
I'm fiddling with a 4-way pentium pro dell box at work, with a boot
floppy, just to see what hardware it has.  It has a dual-channel (I
think, either that or two devices) Adaptec 7880 Ultra/Ultra Wide
controller with BIOS enabled.

It doesn't configure, saying something like
   eisa0: device ADP7880 in slot 14 not configured

I would expect that the ahc driver should probably work correctly for
this thing, but there might be nuances to proper configuration.  Can any
of you lend hints that I could try?

It also has this PCI ethernet controller:
	product INTEL 82557	0x1229	82557 Fast Ethernet LAN Controller
any support coming soon for this?

It's also got a PCI/EISA bridge which isn't configured by NetBSD, but
seems to work OK.  (Is there any reason we might want to actually
provide a thin driver for this? 0x8086/0x0482)

And finally, how about PCI vendor 0x8086, product id 0x0008 (undefined
subclass 0)?

==John