Subject: Re: IPX/SPX for NetBSD?
To: Rick GC <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/1997 07:45:32
rickgc@calweb.com (Rick GC)  wrote:
 > system like Netbsd for free that will run the IPX protocol would inspire
 > many more IS managers to give it a try as a client server addition.  This
 > can only serve to help us (Netbsd users) out, the more people and especially
 > IS professionals with lots of programming experiance that join our ranks
 > will I assure you serve to propel the project along!

That's all well and good but are you volunteering to reverse engineer the
NCP protocol? IPX/SPX are easy and fairly well documented (somewhere)
but NCP is held pretty closely by novell... So it's not like anyone is
being lazy...

Feel free to reverse engineer the protocol and come back with something...