Subject: Re: IPX/SPX for NetBSD?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ronald@demon.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/1997 09:29:42
> > >Is anyone aware of a freely available package that allows NetBSD/i386 systems
> > >to participate in a Novell IPX/SPX network (either as client or server),
> > >especially as a print server?

> Our FreeBSD friends have already done it. FreeBSD-current has netipx
> support. Here's a transcript from ftp ftp.freebsd.org:

[ shows ftp://ftp.freebsd.org//pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/netipx/ ]

There's nothing obvious there that implements NCP as far as I can see.
Have I missed it ?

(IPX is analogous to IP and UDP, SPX is analogous to, uh .. well
not quite TCP since it's SOCK_SEQPACKET, NCP is analogous to NFS,
very roughly).  NCP's the bulk of the work, really.

Surely this discussion should be on tech-net (or something) rather than
port-i386 ?
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net> Voice: +44 181 371 1000 Fax: +44 181 371 1150