Subject: Applixware 4.3 (runs, new Q)
To: NetBSD i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/1997 07:11:40
Applixware 4.3 (linux version) runs under NetBSD linux emulation when
using NetBSD 1.2.1 or newer.  It _fails_ to run under 1.2 because the
select() call didn't accept nfds values over 256.

However, I'm having problems with the screen update speed in Applix.
Enabling backing store doesn't seem to help.  I think my X server isn't
using linear access to the gfx card's memory.  Would this help?  Is it
possible to enable it under NetBSD 1.2?  Here's what X says when starting
up:

(--) S3V: PCI: ViRGE/VX rev 2, Linear FB @ 0xe0000000
(--) S3V: Local bus LAW is 0xE00xxxxx
(--) S3V: Using a banksize of 4096k, line width of 1280

Any ideas of how to speed things up?

Thanks,

  -jm

--