Subject: Emul: Linux Mathematica
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aron Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/1997 23:01:05
Has any one had any luck (or lack therof) getting the linux port of
Mathematica 3.0 running under NetBSD 1.2?  (or 1.2.1 for that matter)

I'm trying to figure this out before I lay down the $1300 for something
I cannot potentially use.

they also asked me to encourage anyone who is interested in a port to
get in contact with them (interested = will buy X number of licenses if
such a port existed).

I don't think it would be inconceivable to wrangle up enough folks
between the NetBSD/i386, FreeBSD, and BSD/OS camps to motivate them to
possibly do a port to BSD/OS that everyone could hopefully use.

aron roberts
atr@pobox.com