Subject: Re: Radius (Livingston) on NetBSD
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/1997 21:26:55

> We have a radius server supporting a digi portserver
> on NetBSD-68k.  It's crash-prone, and bad
> code, but it runs okay.
>
> We typically find that it needs to be restarted periodically, so we have a
> loop like
> 	while true
> 		do	/etc/.../radiusd ...
> 	done

Ours is absolutely rock solid.  In the two years we've been doing this,
we've never had the daemon crash.  This has been on every version of
NetBSD from 0.9 through -current.  We only use the PortMaster code, but
it is absolutely terrific.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom