Subject: Re: AHC driver + 1.2.1 + UW drive
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/1997 19:46:03
Justin T. Gibbs writes:
> >I was unable to reach releng22.FreeBSD.org (or any other thing in
> >freebsd.org - DNS was refusing to recognize them for awhile; now I can
> >get the address of releng22, but can't ping it), so I installed
> >2.2.1-RELEASE from ftp.cdrom.com and tried newfs, the problem
> >persisted. Here's the revision of aic7xxx.c that's in 2.2.1:
>
> 2.2.1 has an old version of the driver too.  Jordan just finished copying
> the latest snap to ftp.cdrom.com, so you should try to install that.

> The revision of interest was committed on 4/18/97.

No go. Running 2.2-970422-RELENG, I got the same errors until I
shortened the cable. I think something about the cable is just out of
spec.

The offer still stands on doing grunt work to port the newest driver to
1.2.1, though (I don't have a system running current); we have an
Archive 4856NP tape drive that gives us similar problems occasionally,
and its neither ultra-wide, nor in an external box.