Subject: Re: why i can't get the source?
To: None <danielh@uol.com.br>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.ibp.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/1997 11:40:44
On Apr 17,   wrote
> 	Dear people from Netbsd
>
> 	I am writing this mail to you because i still am not able to download
> the source code for the netbsd 1.2 release.
> 	When i try to download, it gets indecyphrable, please i need the source
> to make a new kernel for my computer.

The normal way to get the sources for is to get the files from
ftp.netbsd.org, in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/source. For exemple, if you need
the kernel sources, you only need to get the ksrc12.?? files from
the /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/source/ksrc12 directory.
Once you have all the ksrc12.?? file, extract the sources with the command
"cat ksrc12.?? |gunzip | tar xvf -".

-
Manuel Bouyer, MASI, Universite Paris VI.
email: bouyer@masi.ibp.fr