Subject: Re: stupid fscking hardware!!!!!!
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1997 12:08:22
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, William O Ferry wrote:

> > ed2     at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10
>
>     A word of warning:  If you're using a generic netbsd kernel *DO NOT*
> set your card to the above values.  One of the other drivers in the
> NetBSD kernel (mcd, I believe?) will clobber the card, making even the
> SMC software think that the card is fried.

It's the mcd driver and/or the wt driver; you have to remove both
of them in 1.2 to be safe. However, I've never had it clobber my
card in such a way that a power cycle wouldn't fix it, and I've
done this a lot of times.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates