Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@horn.ics.muni.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1997 18:26:29
> Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com drunkenly mumbled...
> >
> > "Not yet"
> >
> > There is one sitting in a machine behind me, with probing code
> > written, and nothing else.  I just need to find time to get further.
> > Last I heard, there was someone in the FreeBSD world in exactly the
> > same situation.
>
> well, this doesn't hurt me at the moment, i don't own a single machine that
> has a PCI bus, ISA, SBUS, VME, Multibus, Unibus, but no PCI. :)
>
> i do plan to get something that will probably have PCI, but no time soon.
> however, there is support for DPT controllers in Linux, grab a kernel and
> learn something, there might be some usefull info in there that would help
> you get the driver done so that we have support for what is in my opinion one
> hell of a SCSI controller.

I have DPT driver for BSD/OS, it is probably much easier to port.

PS. I am very happy with Asus SC-200 (NCR 810 based) and >2 years old
    Quantum Empire 2100S, never seen any error even with AWRE off.

--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
           If God had meant for us to be in the Army,