Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1997 14:39:06
Jukka Marin drunkenly mumbled...

> Every single one of my Quantum Empire 1080S drives has died within 12 months
> from purchase.  These drives don't run that hot, so I don't think it was
> a problem with heat.  I have replaced one drive twice under warranty... one
> was replaced with an Atlas which I hope will last longer.

i have two 1080S drives of unknown age (i got them used) that are at least a
year old, the both seem to be working fine.

who knows.

-brian

--
The fundamental difference between Unix and the Macintosh operating system is
that Unix was designed to please programmers, whereas the Mac was designed to

=== End Transmission ===