Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1997 06:54:07
> As I said, I'm stuck with the thing (and sadly maintain it for us),
> but the only thing that will fix the NCR driver is to nuke it from
> orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

Let us know when you're done with your rewrite. :-)

					Jordan

P.S. I've had only good luck with the NCR driver, and certainly far
better luck with the cards than I ever had with [the old] Buslogic,
for example.  I qualify that because I think Buslogic has finally
gotten their act together again, but still...  It seems a mite unfair
to single out the NCR driver for this kind of negative attention, and
the responsiveness of Stefan Esser to any and all problems has been
more than good.  At least it's actively supported, which is more than
I can say for a lot of other drivers in the *BSD universe.