Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1997 16:54:14
On Wed, Apr 16, 1997 at 09:48:25AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" writes:
> > Can anyone speak for the stability of the 53c810 under NetBSD 1.2.1?
>
> How shallow is the ocean? How cold is the sun?

About 30 minutes after I posted the message "works fine for me" my SCSI
bus locked up.  I was editing a file - nothing was happening on the SCSI
bus AFAIK (other than sync).  I had to reboot.  Sigh.  This was the
second time in 4 months.

> BTW, my machines happen to run stable with them thanks to tuning. As I
> said, if they work at all, they run just fine. Getting them to work at
> all, though...

Mine have worked all the time, but I could have two crashes less in every
4 months..... ;-)

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri