Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1997 10:59:08
On Wed, Apr 16, 1997 at 12:45:19AM -0700, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> Can anyone speak for the stability of the 53c810 under NetBSD 1.2.1?

I'm running 1.2 with some patches.  My ncr.c might be the same one as in
1.2.1.  It works just fine with a Quantum Atlas disk, Sony DAT drive and
a Wangtek QIC drive.  I have also tested two other hard disks - no
problems.

I couldn't make it behave with a Chinon CD-ROM drive (caused timeouts) or
an _old_ HP 340 MB disk (the machine didn't even boot up - the NCR BIOS
locked up when trying to detect the HP drive).

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---