Subject: Re: scsi utility
To: Josef Burger <bolo@cs.wisc.edu>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/13/1997 23:21:03
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997 07:29:51 GMT, you wrote:

>I recall that someone ported or created a scsi device utility for
>NetBSD-1.2/i386.  It allowed examining and modifying mode pages,
>sparing bad blocks, and various other functions expected of a scsi
>utility.

>I checked my my mailing list archive and the ftp site, but didn't
>find it or a reference.  Where should I look for it?

I don't remember the kind soul who made it available either, but I do
have a copy of it, which I slightly modified to: 1) remove the
hardcoding to look for the scsi_modes file in some user's home directory
and 2) added 3 useful entries to one of the mode pages. You can find
this at http://shad.morningstar.com/~laine/scsi-netbsd.tar.gz

Laine